Hello there! Thank you for clicking here to find out more about me, Marie Denee! I am a plus size fashion and style expert. I love sharing my knowledge and experience with others to help them along their path…
Experienced in retail for over ten years, working in various retail stores as a stylist, fashion expert, or manager, I lassoed my life experiences both studied and learned to bring my dream into fruition- The Curvy Fashionista®.
However if you want to know more about me and the girl behind it all, keep on reading… I promise it is good and you may lean how I can help YOU!
Enough about the technical- So Who am I?
- I am a Virgo
- The nerd in elementary school with those ridonk-ulous glasses that covered half my face
- A huge Beyoncé fan (don’t hate)
- The hopeless romantic- I love Ever After and Love Jones
- A military brat. I have lived in Hawaii, Japan, England, Virginia, California (lived in both the Bay Area now back in SoCal), and now in Atlanta
- A great dancer- from two stepping to dropping it like it hot (I LOVE TO DANCE!)
- A nerd. I love words. Words with friends anyone?
- A big sister and PROUD AUNTIE!!!
- A giver
- I am boho Chic with a masculine edgy side to me…
- No glass ceiling believer
- I believe the cup is always half full- although I have to look at it closely every now and then
- I was varsity cheer captain in high school
- I speak Japanese
- I LOVE Mary J. Blige
- Fashion gives me joy
- I am the oldest grandchild
- My nickname in high school was “Mama”
- I was a girl scout for 8 years
- I owned a pair of coke bottle nerd glasses
- I absolutely adore Donna Karan
- Jill Scott speaks to me
- I am an avid reader, from James Patterson to Eric Jerome Dickey- this is my escape
The Business Stuff? Oh! Well…
I am a walking wiki for all things plus size fashion, and I love that about myself. BUT, I am the founder of The Curvy Fashionista!
Experienced in retail for over 13 years, working in various retail stores as a stylist, fashion expert, and as management, I have culminated my life experiences both studied and learned to bring my dream into fruition in 2008- The Curvy Fashionista® .
From there, I have created Marie Denee, culminating all of my services, expertise, and passions into one site for those looking for someone who is keenly aware of and in touch with the plus size community and the fabulous world of plus size fashion.
I have contributed as The Curvy Fashionista® on plus size fashion trends and tips for Essence Magazine, Ebony, Seventeen Magazine, Focus on Style, and The Fashionable Housewife among others.
I have been featured in WWD, Black Enterprise, USA Today, In Style, People Style Watch, Cision, SF Chronicle, SF Bay Style, NBC Bay Area, MyLifetime.com, Hungry by Crystal Renn, The Style Sample, in addition to many others.
Currently, I reside in Long Beach, California and in addition to The Curvy Fashionista®, I fashion my skills and passion as a plus size industry insider, consultant, an advocate, and public speaker on body image and confidence.
If you would like to contact me for press, interviews, to hire me for speaking engagements, brand partnerships, and collaborations or consultations, please visit my projects page and feel free to email me!